Heart Rate Calculator
This is an online heart rate calculator that calculates your target heart rate when performing an exercise of a certain intensity.
how to calculate heart rate?
You can apply the formula below to find heart rate:
TargetHR = Resting heart rate + Intensity [%] * Reserve
- Intensity is the percentage of heart rate reserve you use up. Keep reading to see the percentage range for various types of training.
- Reserve is the heart rate reserve, calculated as
max heart rate - resting heart rate.
The max heart rate formula is as below:
MaxHR = 220 - Age
What are the heart rate zones?
What’s the percentage of heart rate reserve you should use? It depends on the type of training:
- Fat-burning range: 60% to 70%. This kind of training builds a basic foundation of endurance.
- Aerobic range: 70% to 80%. This kind of training helps to improve your cardiovascular system. You will still feel comfortable and break a sweat, but no anaerobic burn sensation.
- Anaerobic range: 80% to 90%. Max fat burn, but you must be fit enough to train with some oxygen present for additional fat burn.
- Red line range: 90% to 100%. The highest total calories burned, but the lowest percentage of fat calories.