Here is an online time converter that helps you easily convert a given time-based value into another time unit. It is the best time conversion tool for converting between time-based units such as minute, hour, day, year, etc. The time converter will answer units-of-time-related questions like:
- how to convert units of time – day to seconds, hours to minutes, year to hours, day to seconds, days to hours, days to minutes, hours to seconds, etc
- how many seconds in 2 days, how many minutes in 6.5 hours, how many hours in 1 year, how many days in 3 ears, etc.
How to convert time?
The inter-relationships between various time units are as below:
- 1 year [y] = 365.25 days [d]
- 1 day [d] = 24 hours [h]
- 1 hour [h] = 60 minutes [min]
- 1 minute [min] = 60 seconds [s]
The relationships between time units are obtained based on the Gregorian calendar, which is the calendar used in most of the world. The Gregorian calendar suggests that a year is 12 months of 28 to 31 days each. A day is equal to 24 hours, an hour equal to 60 minutes, a minute equal to 60 seconds.
How to use the time converter?
To perform a time conversion, walk through the steps below:
- Enter the source value of time into the box at the top left.
- Select the unit of the source from a drop-down menu. Let’s say you want to convert 1 day into seconds, enter 1 and then select Day to be the unit.
- Select the unit of the target.
- The time conversion is automatically performed when all necessary information is entered.