5 Facts Of Valentine's Day Infographic Pink 5 Facts Of Valentine's Day Infographic

5 Facts Of Valentine's Day Infographic

Today we know the festival named after a person named Valentine. Although there are different stories about what he did for this festival, many people think that he is best known for playing a Roman priest who helped couples get married secretly.

Legend has it that the Roman Emperor Claudius II, who ruled from 268 to 270 AD, forbids marriage because he believed that unmarried men could become better soldiers. Valentine thought it was unfair and decided to break the rules and hold the wedding anyway. He remained silent on the ceremony. Finally, he was captured and later killed on February 14, year 270. Later, in the 5th century, Pope Gelasius I announced that the day of his death was Saint Valentine's Day.

Fun Facts About Valentine's Day

  • Around the world, there are approximately 50 million roses given on Valentine's Day.

  • On Valentine's Day, about 27 percent of those who buy flowers are women. Men represent the other 73 percent.

  • The second most famous day of the year for sending cards is Valentine's Day and the first is Christmas.

  • Americans send 145 million Valentine's Day cards each year.

  • At least 36 million heart-shape boxes of chocolates are sold each year on Valentine's Day.

  • On Valentine's Day, nearly 15 percent of women give themselves roses.

  • At least nine million people give buy to their pets on Valentine's Day. (nearly US 650M)

Edit this Template
View this page in: EN TW CN
Infographics Template Specifications:
This infographic template can be fully customized to your liking in every which way, content, colors, backgrounds, design blocks, etc.
Dominant Color
800 x 2000 px

Create beautiful designs on-the-fly

No credit card required. No contracts to cancel. No downloads. No hidden costs.